Pages

October 14, 2011

lindsay + brandan | the wedding

Lindsay + Brandan's farm wedding had everything it needed to make it the perfect day that they will remember forever. The beautiful Wisconsin fall colors in blazing yellows and orange, a quaint little intimate ceremony with close friends and family that was set on a hill overlooking the family farm that had been passed down for a few generations.  There were DIY decorations, cowboy boots, chickens, pigs, llamas, and even their furry family members Scooter & Mama Kitty joined in the festivities on this October day.

Over the summer Lindsay had been sending me blogs of ideas she was hoarding for the big day and I was getting super excited to see all the details she would put together. She definitely didn't disappoint. The details were awesome and really tied the country wedding feel together. I was also really stoked when she suggested that she was thinking of getting ready outside after she had seen a wedding that Krystal Muellenberg did {and I second shot for} where the bride & girls got ready outside in a vineyard. Of course I was onboard with this idea too!  I can't thank you enough for letting me be a part of your special day. I think some of my favorite moments were watching how emotional Brandan was throughout the day.  The groom isn't always one to show such emotion but it was so genuine and real and I think everyone saw it and loved it.  Happiness lives in hearts that love.

A GIANT thanks to T Hanson Photography for joining me for the day. Theresa is super awesome both as a person and her work. It was a real pleasure to have her by my side for the day!

At one point during the ceremony their daughter Lexi squealed really loud with delight and started clapping at the perfect moment.  Everyone could tell she was so happy that Mommy + Daddy were getting married that day.
During the exchange of vows the only words that could come to Brandan's mind was "I love you." I admit to tearing up a bit.
Even Scooter was excited about the blessed union.
And Lindsay was soooo excited to see Mama Kitty walked all the way up the hill to be there for the ceremony as well. I distinctly remember hearing Lindsay say "Ooooh good, Mama Kitty is here. I really wanted her to be here." ;)
 I seriously couldn't decide if I liked it better in color or black & white, so you get a double dose!
The reception was held at the Blair Rod & Gun Club. I have never been here before but was really impressed with it. And Lindsay did an amazing job adding her personal touch to the place. And I just have to say....hands down....best cupcakes EVER. Seriously. I want to go order some right now just thinking about it {International Bake Shoppe, La Crosse, WI}. 
Eeeeeek! Not gonna lie, pretty cool to see my pictures in a book on display.
Wedding party fun! I love people's shenanigans sometimes. And I just love to say the word shenanigans ;)
 I really loved that Brandan grabbed Lexi for the Father/Daughter dance!
Many happy wishes to Mr. & Mrs. Kurth! I am so thankful to be a part of your day and share in the joy. I cannot thank you enough!

Hugs,
Em


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!