Pages

April 15, 2014

lizz + brad \\ the wedding \\ la crosse, wi wedding

I see skies of blue, clouds of white. Bright blessed days, and dark sacred nights. And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

I first met Lizz back in my college days when we worked together at Marshall Field's (now Macy's). I instantaneously liked her. How can you not. She is always smiling, always funny, always very caring and thoughtful. She is genuinely one of those people that everyone adores and loves. Brad is one lucky guy! What I really love about these two is that their wedding portrayed them. She didn't go out of her way to do anything of tradition just because it was tradition. They choose things that meant a lot to them and eliminated things that they just didn't care about. When I met up with them just before the wedding, Lizz said to me "Two things I will not be doing that day -- one, this hand over hand ring shot and two, no cake cutting. It's not us, I don't want to do it." And during the ceremony everyone sang What A Wonderful World. "I love that song." Lizz said with a big smile later that day. And we love you for loving that song.

This was my first time at the Waterfront and it did not disappoint. I loved the open windows and light. I'm heading back there two more times in August and cannot wait. Wedding season is off to a great start and I'm pumped to see what more loveliness is coming my way this year!

ceremony // Wesley United Methodist Church // la crosse, wi
reception // The Cargill Room @ the Waterfront // la crosse, wi
dress // charlotte's bridal
maids and men attire // the wedding tree
flowers // monet floral
hair // Matt Watson
dj // music mix
cake // the waterfront


 
hugs, em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!