Pages

May 9, 2011

the monday personals | responsibilities

Responsibilities. It's a big word.  Not only to spell and pronounce but think about all the things in life that we are responsible for. This weekend responsibilities came knocking on my door uninvited. Ok, so they weren't completely unexpected, I was just hoping they would show up a day or even weekend later and that just wasn't the case. Living on a farm there is a lot of extra responsibilities to take care of besides just normal household life.  My husband has been reminding me all winter that once spring comes he has a list of a million things that need to get done. "I know, I know" I continue to tell him. And to be truthful, I really never expected anything to get in the way of what needed to be done.  Until the photography got in the way. I honestly never expected it to take off like it has since I've "went public" at the beginning of the year.  I am completely overwhelmed (in a fantastic, I'm so touched and thrilled way) at the response I've received so far. I know I have come a long way in the last year, but also know how much more I can improve and grow on and want it sooo bad.

On Saturday I was supposed to have the opportunity to tag along with a really great, amazing photographer - Rebecca Eby of Studio Noveau. I was seriously on cloud nine when she asked me to join her for a fun impromptu shoot. There was talk of cancellation due to rain, but in the end it was still on. I had been looking forward to it for days! Then the glooming cloud of responsibilities came up. I was reminded of everything he had been waiting to get done once the rain stopped and we finally got a gorgeous sun-filled day.  But I needed the gorgeous sun-filled day to do my shoot too. I set out to look for a compromise where we could both get what we wanted/needed but to make a long story short - in the end I just couldn't make it happen.  I admit I was completely bummed...even to the point of a few tears, but in all honesty the more I thought about it I really wasn't as upset as I originally thought I was. My first and foremost responsibilities will always be to my husband and my daughter. They will always come first.  And I have to give due credit to my husband...in the end after much debate he told me to go. He knew how much it meant to me but I was the one who decided I needed to cancel my plans for him because my family comes first. As my daughter and I went for a stroll later that afternoon around the farm while my husband worked on his responsibilities, I remembered that she always trumps the photography no matter how passionate I am about it. Strolling hand in hand with her, watching her dump the entire bottle of bubbles out onto the ground then wondering why she couldn't get anymore bubbles, exploring the old rusty truck I've been eyeing up for awhile to visit with my camera, it all tingled my heart with glee and at the end of the day it turned out to still be a great one because I got to spend it with her.

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumblebee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” - Ashley Smith

.....thus,  I'm still crossing my fingers for another opportunity to spend time with the very talented Rebecca Eby! ;)

Clearly, not all of these shots were taken yesterday. Yes, we did get snow in MAY, but definitely not yesterday. This was taken over the winter.
What's a farm without a tractor.  Lexi loves her tractors!  Although this is an old tractor that just sits and looks pretty in the shed.
Although I would LOVE to have this much green already, sadly this was also not taken this weekend, but probably a couple summers ago.
Although my plans were cancelled, I still vowed to take some pictures that day. Finally, a few from this weekend.
Lastly, one of my favs :)

1 comment:

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!