Pages

May 4, 2011

The Story

My first post had a lot of people commenting about how much my words and description of my love for my daughter touched them emotionally.  Their comments touched me in return, so thank you!  It also made me think back to how much I used to love writing.  In high school I used to think my stories that were beautifully scribbled in the maroon leather binder etched with random doodles for English class were the bomb diggity.  I'm weird, I know.  But I used to write all the time whether it be stories, journals, diaries, letters -- I once wrote my best friend at the time a 30-page (yes, I said THREE ZERO!) letter who lived only 10 minutes away just because I could. I've also been known with more than one boyfriend to write their name about 1000 times on paper. My emails are novels and don't even get me started with the amount of talking I can accomplish. I come from a long line of talkers.  If you know my mother, you'll understand. And if you had the privilege of knowing my Grandmother, you'll really understand.  {{Miss you Grandma!}} 

The plain and simple truth is, I like to talk, I like words, I like writing, I like telling stories. And even more so I like the details of the story. Anybody who has ever known me knows I tell stories in not just detail, but extreme detail. Emphasis on extreme. So extreme if you ask me a question, I have to rewind about two years to fill you in on all the details leading up to that specific story, which also triggers memories of other related stories which fill my mind and I just simply have to tell those in detail too. I can't help it. I like to tell stories: it's a fact.  So how do words and talking and writing all relate to "The Story" you ask?  Well, stories can also be told in another form - through pictures. Remember my snippet about starting way back and building up to the point and then having it relate to another topic and going off on that topic. Yup, I just did it again. I liked writing, I like words, they tell stories, stories come from many places, pictures are stories. I like to think that my mind just moves a mile a minute ;)

My passion for photography follows the same path as my storytelling: details! More specificially life in detail. Seeing life's amazing details through my camera lens, through my daughter's eyes, her characteristics and her personality she's gaining more and more each day.  I find myself taking pictures of pretty much anything and everything she does because I want to capture those details in her life so she has something to hold onto and look back at down the road and say "Mom, did I really do that?" Or "Mom, tell me the story behind this picture."  I want to do that for you too.  So what's your story?

Nothing swells my heart more to see my baby girl already so interested in books at such a young age.  She probably has at least 150+ story books and absolutely has to read them at least three times a day if not more. So much knowledge, creativity, and mind-enhancing details flowing into her little tiny brain. I love it!

     AGE: 5 1/2 mos
AGE: 9 mos
AGE: 10 mos 

Of course since we're talking about details, I can't forget my absolute beyond a doubt favorite detail of her: The Enchanting Blue Eyes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!