Pages

August 22, 2011

confessions of a second shooter | sara + shawn

I was thrilled to be able to second shoot for Krystal Muellenberg Photography again {GIANT thanks!}. This time it was Sara + Shawn's turn for their special day in Sparta, WI. Their wedding party was made up of a fun loving group of people that helped make the day even more special. They even had some totally awesome wine that the girls kept raving about so I had to go out and buy some on my next trip to Burnstads to try it for myself. I have to admit...it is now my fav red wine! The day also included balloons, an old truck, and super awesome makes-me-want-to-hug-all-the-warm-rays sun!

THOUGHT OF THE DAY:
{something I learned, realized, or something I may have already known but want to work harder on}
This was the third wedding I have done with Krystal, but the first wedding that had a large(r) wedding party. It was interesting trying to get a few of the shots (for me) only because I still have a cropped frame camera and Krystal's is of course full frame. While Krystal can get in closer for shots, I need to step back to make sure it's all in my frame but then am not always able to do that because Krystal could potentially be standing in front of me because she can get closer. This is really the only setback that I do not love about my camera. I really don't mind that I still do not have a full frame and I know that it's not required and people can totally make it work without one. I want to try to push myself to get an interesting shot from the side to make it still interesting and exciting if I'm not able to fit everyone in as perfectly as I'd like. I still plan to go full frame when I can save up my pennies, but for now I am adapting how I can and try to still make it look (somewhat) awesome.

 I loved this! Steph {the maid of honor} was giving the girls a pep talk: "Stay focused, don't trip, you can do this!" Brilliant.
 I love prego bellies :)
Oooh, sun glow!
My attempts at dragging the shutter. I have been wanting to practice this technique for awhile now but haven't had time, so I've been starting to practice it at the wedding dances with the lights from the DJ. I wasn't able to produce what I pictured in my head, but it's a start.


Congrats Sara + Shawn! And big thanks to Krystal again!

Hugs,
Em

2 comments:

  1. LOVE! thanks again for being there. you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!! I'm so glad you came with Krystal now we'll have pictures from two brilliant photographers!

    ReplyDelete

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!