Pages

August 22, 2011

the hromadkas | family

These people rock! I love these three so much, but I've known them for many years (even better). I first met Colette when her family moved to the area when we were in grade school. We quickly became friends and remained very close all through school. She was one of my best friends during high school.  We were known as Abby & Gabby to many. We spent many hours running the halls after school for cheerleading practice where the custodial staff gave us the duo name. I was Gabby (if you can't guess....since I talk so much) and she was Abby mainly because it rhymed with Gabby I believe. Either way I liked it and we had so many great times growing up together.

I was super excited when Colette said they needed a new family photo of the 4 of them! Yes...4! I've been waiting for them to have baby #2. They are such great parents and it's so exciting to watch my closest friends expand their family and see where life takes them. They live on a farm outside Prairie du Chien but Colette has forever had her heart set on getting pictures taken at the Villa Louis. She dreamed of having that perfect wedding shot taken there to be blown up and displayed in their home but the wedding day festivities were just too much and they didn't have time for those photos. 9 years later she still had her heart set on that location. We actually had to reschedule our shoot from the initial set date because she remembered that Prairie was holding their annual Rendezvous festival that weekend. To quote her (Colette, you always make me laugh) "Last thing I need is some fat guy in a loin cloth walking through the back of our picture". hahahahaha!  But, it all worked out great and I had such a fun time spending a few hours with them.  We went for supper at Fort Mulligan's afterwards (which by the way still has my mouth watering for more) and I realized how much I'd missed hanging out with my friend the last few years. You'll always hold such a special place in my heart Colette. You and your family are amazing :)


Danielle, like any normal 2 1/2 year old just wanted to run and play. Good thing I decided to make some cupcake pops for a special treat, so they kept her entertained for a bit while we took some shots of Mom & Dad. They must have tasted good, she ate the whole bag!


And of course I had to get some shots of baby #4! I would have loved to do so many more maternity shots, but we were running out of time. The sun was going down fast and cutie-pa-tutie Danielle was getting hungry (as were the rest of us!).

 

On the drive down there, I was panicking in my head...I was running late and there was so much more overcast than I had wanted. Overcast is good, but at sundown not so good because then it just gets darker much faster. BUT...as we had stopped for the night and were walking back to the car I all of a sudden looked out over the river and said "Ooooh, Ooooh, Oooh, go stand there!" (a bit demanding...sorry guys!). Colette's like "what is going on?" and Craig proudly announced "she sees sun" :)  It's true, I am obsessed with glowy sun lately and these definitely rank high on my favs for cute faces + glowy sun.


Thank you for letting me take your first ever Hromadka family photos! I love you guys. The world can't wait to meet you Baby Hromadka #2 {coming to our world mid-October}!

Hugs,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!