Pages

May 29, 2012

oda + dillon | high school sweethearts

Meet Oda + Dillon. They're highschool sweethearts. I have a soft spot for high school sweethearts since I fell in love with mine and am so happy to have married him. We didn't actually go to the same school, but I was 16 and he 18 when we met and we've been together for over 13 years now. Since we were so "young" I like to call him my high school sweetheart ;)

Ok, enough about me: Oda + Dillon. Oda {pronounced Oooda} is from Norway {awesomeness!!} and she's been here for the school year as part of the foreign exchange program and staying with one of my good friends and her family. This is the first time I have had the chance to meet Oda in person but I can tell you that she has brought tremendous amounts of joy to the Burbach family. I remember the day Michelle told me they were approved and then the day they were going to pick up Oda. They were beyond estatic!

Oda must be enjoying her trip to America because she found a boy and she's been pretty crushing on him {ok, is it cool to say that, or am I just aging myself?}  What's the lingo with the cool kids these days? Oda heads back to Norway in just three short weeks but wanted some pictures together before she left so I was totally up for snapping some this past weekend when I was home over the holiday weekend. Stay tuned for next weekend when Oda and her entire exchange family get in front of my camera for a family session and some senior-like fun stuff for Oda.

Best line of the night: Me - "I'm going to have you two switch spot because I want Oda on the other side because I like how the light hits her eyes." Dillon - "Me too." Awwwww....xoxo

 


2 comments:

  1. Oh Em,

    you always take the perfect pictures! I love them and am soo glad that Oda will have these in list of memories to take back to Norway!

    Oda loves them too ♥ you are fabulous as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these two are adorable and your pictures certainly do a great job captivating it :)
    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!