Pages

June 22, 2011

aleesha | maternity

Can I just start off by saying how much I LOVE a baby bump! Oh baby, you will hear constant squeals of delight from me whenever seeing an adorable belly. I am one of those people who just wants to run up to you and touch your belly and rub it for good luck. How can anyone NOT be head over heels in love with a baby belly?! Seriously! I'm pretty sure my career goal might turn into photographing every pregnant woman in America...I love babies & bellies that much.

Seriously, no lie, the best gift a woman can ever be given is to become a mother. It is truly an amazing thing and will change your life forever. I'm pretty sure I would sign up to be pregnant my entire life if I could.  The happiness and high that happens (at least it did for me) when a woman glides around the world with that perfectly shaped bump sticking out for the world to see is A-MAZ-ING. You are proud, nervous, on the edge of excitement, and confident of the new life growing inside. Ok...so enough before I start crying. Total baby fever happening over here!

I know Aleesha from the younger years. We grew up close to each other, rode the same school bus, and she was always a delight to see. When I first started expanding in the photography within the last year she had made mention a few times that she was going to keep me on her list to do her maternity pictures some day. At the time I didn't think much of it as to how soon it would really be, but within a short period she had announced her own baby's arrival. I was thrilled to be able to have the opportunity to document such a special event in her life.....and even got giddy over knowing she had a passion of horses and I could incorporate that into her new passion in life: Ethan Jeffrey

 King (the horse) was so photogenic, don't you think?
I love, love, love this one! When I first saw it, my first thought was Proud Papa watching down over his daughter and hugging her with such warmth and awe. Such beauty and the things it can remind us of.  
  
 A fav....
Who know an old playhouse for the grandkids would come in so handy! I must say it is quite adorable!
On the walk back to the house, the sun was at the perfect angle with that warm glow so I made her stop for a few shots that I had been hoping to get all night.
Congrats Aleesha & Ethan on all your new adventures in life! Cherish them forever <3

1 comment:

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!