Pages

June 27, 2011

lindsay + brandan | gettin' hitched

Hands down, this was the most fun I've had at an engagement session yet! Ok, so this was really my first true engagement session so I have no others to compare to...but it was still a ton of fun!  Meet Lindsay & Brandan: my 1st bride & groom! I'm super thrilled to be given this opportunity to capture their special day. All of the details I've heard so far sound fascinating and I can't wait to see it all put together.  And we've been trading blogs on farm wedding ideas which is getting me even more excited.  Lindsay was introduced to my work through a mutual friend {thanks Amanda!}.  And after we exchanged a few emails, Lindsay finally emailed to say "I'm super excited to say...You've just booked your first wedding!" October will be here before we know it.

Their life is all about the farm life: Kurth Valley Farms {check them out on facebook}. They live on a farm that has been passed down for many generations.  Lindsay even told me an interesting {although Brandan though it was quite morbid} story about a little spot up on the hill behind their place that holds some family traditions. They have chickens, pheasants, turkeys, cows, pigs (and the most cutest batch of baby piglets you've ever seen!), and llamas.....YES, llamas!  We had so much fun doing their engagement photos around the farm. Brandan is a riot! He razzed me so much about what we were doing, why I was doing it that way, did he really have to hold a pitch folk...."are you kidding me?" he said. "You're joking right. That's so dumb!" But he was such a good sport about everything we asked him to do and I have to admit that without all the crap he was giving me, the shoot wouldn't have been as much fun as it was.  I mean, seriously, how can you not have fun when you're involving cows, wine, chickens, scrounging the farm for props, and the most awesome sunflare that I told Brandan would come out for me if he would just sit there and kiss his bride-to-be for me with some patience that it would happen. And it did! By far my most favorite shot. EVER.


I made Lindsay stand around the corner for this one and wouldn't tell her what we were writing on the sign. Brandan then proceded to tell me I spelled Lindsay's name wrong. Luckily I didn't believe him too much ;)  This is the first time she (supposedly) is getting to see this sign and know what it actually said. Although no guarantees since if she's like me, I would have went digging in the trash later to find out what it was since I have no patience!
Before the day of the actual shoot, Lindsay messaged me and said that getting 'ring shots' were not a high priority on her list. Apparently she had lost...yes, I said LOST her engagement ring. Gasp! Luckily her mom stepped in to save the day and gave Lindsay her Great Aunt Theresa's ring. It's GORGEOUS! And thus, we managed to still be able to get some of the ever-famous ring shots.
Congrats Brandan & Lindsay! I am counting down until your October farm nuptials!

Hugs,
Em

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Emily! I love all of them! I think I've looked at them a dozen times everyday since you posted them! I just can't pick a favorite. I'm so happy to have found a photographer with the same likes and tastes I have! I can't wait 'till October!

    ReplyDelete

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!