Pages

July 5, 2011

Evan + Natalie | in love

I'm about a week and a half late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY 'LIL BROTHER! You're growing up so fast...and to think in just 353 days you will be married! I wanted to post this blog on your birthday about the {preview} shoot we did early this spring, but unfortunately I was assisting with a wedding that day and then seemed to just get too busy to get it done. So, better late than never I guess. Although, it looks like an engagement session...it was more like a practice session.  Evan, Natalie, and I got together back in March because I was just starting with the photography for the public and wanted some more practice. Of course they were only too willing to be my models.  I had big plans of location and idea and it all fizzled. So, plan B: my backyard! It actually worked out really well and I think I even surprised myself with some of the shots I got from my own home.  I think it was one of the first times I actually came to the realization that my house has a lot of really great spots to take photos at. I used to think it was boring and something I saw every day, but in actuality there are some amazing spots for a relaxed, laid back, and just in-love feel that will work for whatever mood I was trying to accomplish. {Check out my daughter's 1-yr photos HERE for more shots taken at ESP headquarters ;) }

I'm not just saying this because they are my brother and future sis-in-law, but Evan & Natalie were sooooo easy to work with! I loved it. I practically hardly gave them any direction at all and they just did their thing and I was able to snap away and capture them as they are.  Natalie had a lot of good suggestions as well that she wanted to try.  I'm pretty sure I could have photographed them for hours if my brother had the patience to let me do it. ;)

I want to share their engagement story with everyone, but I suppose that should wait for the actual engagement blog post.  We're doing their "official" engagement photos this fall so be sure and check back then for those from this fantastically in-love over the top adorable couple. Isn't my brother so handsome and having the always beautiful Natalie at his side make them the perfect couple!

















This cute little building is actually not ours, but up the road a ways. I had been eyeing it up for awhile and luckily the neighbors were there when we drove by and we were able to use it. Evan wasn't too into the idea at first but luckily I ignored him and he listened to big sis ;)






Hahahaha! So my brother wanted to know how he should pose so he imitated the Ricky Bobby Talledega Nights pose that's in the movie. If you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about.



 Love these next few! So real, sincere, and in the moment: the best kind!




Love you two! Can't wait for the "real engagement shoot" this fall! xoxo

Hugs,
Em

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your blogs, but I'm a big fan of this blog in particular :) It's not your camera that takes good pictures, it's definitely your talent behind them that makes them so stunning! Can't wait for the shoot this fall!!
    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, thank you, thank you! And me too (can't wait for this fall!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!