Pages

July 20, 2011

the mulhollands | family

This was probably one of the most laid back sessions that I did in terms of just following the family around and documenting their lifestyle. The boys ran free, played in the rain, the water fountain, older brother bopped younger brother on the head with a ball, young brother squealed with delight, parents kissed & celebrated their anniversary, it was them: the Mulhollands and how they are. I loved that Heather said after I posted the preview "these pictures brought tears to my eyes because you did such a wonderful job. You caught a side of my boys that many people do not get to see." This makes me heart happy and what I hope to accomplish and capture for everyone. 

We had originally agreed to meet in early June but had to cancel twice due to thunderstorms. The third time ended up being the charm even though it was actually storming that day too.....what's with the luck?!  But, luckily the storms were extremely scattered and even though it was downpour and tornado a short distance north of La Crosse where I currently work fulltime during the day, La Crosse itself was gorgeous.  I met up with the family at Riverside Park and we did have a few short showers inbetween shots, but overall the weather finally cooperated for us!  Thank goodness! The boys even got to play in the rain puddles and we got to see a beautiful rainbow over the town.  Kids will be kids and I don't think any kid I've photographed so far has wanted to actually sit in front of my camera and cooperate so I usually spend the session chasing them around like a lost puppy dodging in front of them, to the side, up high, down low, sometimes too slow. But it's fun and I'm so happy I was able to capture a side of the boys that was special to Heather & Jason.

Alec trying to hide from the camera behind the bench...but I gotchya!
Learning to walk....always such a precious moment!
After the fun in the sun, ice cream from The Pearl is the perfect treat to the end of the day. Happy Anniversary Mulhollands! Here's to many more :)

Hugs,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!