Pages

July 6, 2011

the pughs | family

This session was soooo much fun! It was also one of the shortest sessions I've had but yet one I walked away the most confident about. There is just something about Justin, Jess, and little Brandin that put me at ease and I probably relaxed more than I have to date on all the shoots I've done. The Pughs and I met up on Father's Day in my hometown of Gays Mills, WI.  We had agreed on the park down by the Kickapoo River Dam to meet up and I quickly became panicked that morning when I read facebook updates about the recent hard rains had already set the river over its banks. Oh no! Was my entire photoshoot location under water?  If you're not familiar with the area - pretty much anytime it rains, it seems like the Kickapoo floods. It is the #1 river in southwest WI that is known to flood ALL THE TIME and a handful of small towns about the size of 500-900 people are consistently feeling the effects of mother nature.  So bad in fact that the town itself is finally relocating to higher ground because they can't take the entire town being flooded any longer. The project is underway as we speak.

But, back to why we're reading this post: The Pugh Family! They were fantastic, sooo funny, easy to talk to, and Brando is a cutie-pa-tutie. He is at that perfect age where he wants to explore, he wants to laugh, smile, make faces, and then the minute I pull the camera up to my face to snap away he'd give a little whimper and whine like "No, No! Put that black monster thing away".  So cute!  He was great though, seriously...he barely threw a fit about it but only a few whimpers. And this age was one of the most exciting to photograph because he wasn't quite mobile yet so I didn't have to go chasing him around for 'the shot' like I have with the other kids {not that I don't love that too...photographing all kids is a fun and exciting and rewarding challenge to me....i heart kids!}! It's so amazing to think how grown up we've all become. Jess was in my brother's class in school and to see everyone now getting married and having babies of their own 1) is inspiring to watch the circle of life and 2) makes me feel old! j/k....I actually love the age I am and even more so actually really excited to turn 30 next summer. I know, I'm weird ;)  Thanks Pugh family for a great session!

 Justin has been working really hard on re-doing this Chevy custom truck. His hard work has totally paid off...it looks awesome!! Love the bed of the truck (wait, you'll see it!).  So of course we had to get family pictures with it too :)
 Don't you love the back bed of the truck! Super stylish if I do say so myself.
Brandin enjoying his 1st chocolate cupcake!

Hugs,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!