Pages

July 4, 2011

the monday personals | connection

Connection: the act of connecting, a relationship, joined, a sense of togetherness and understanding.  I've been thinking a lot about connection lately and reading blogs and forums on building the connection with your clients. I want to work harder at this. I've been so used to photographing my daughter that I take the idea of connection for granted because well...I already have that connection built with her. Since expanding my wings, leaving my nest, and photographing you: my ultimate fans, I've swam into uncharted territory in a sense. Yes, it's true, I can be a pretty bubbly personality and easy to get along with (in my opinion!) but I feel like I've been too focused on getting the pose right, facial expressions, is the lighting too harsh, not enough? These things all fog my mind at every shoot. My new goal is to take a step back, breathe, try to relax a bit more and find the connection between the people I'm shooting and also the connection with me, their photographer. How can I put them more at ease? How can we laugh and joke around to relax and get some fantastic in-the-moment shots?

"Learn that people photography is about people, not about photography. Great portraits are a side effect of a strong human connection." - Cheryl Jacobs Nicolai

And since all blog posts need a few pictures (at least I think so), here's a few shots to date of some of my favs showcasing a connection.

CONNECTION BETWEEN PARENT & CHILD:

CONNECTION BETWEEN SIBLINGS:

CONNECTION BETWEEN HUSBAND & WIFE {or future}:

CONNECTION BETWEEN OWNER & PET:

Love is everywhere. It's all around. You just have to open your eyes and you'll see it.

Hugs,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your first name! THANK YOU!